Saturday, December 31, 2016

Fifeing Eejit 2016

Not posted for a while,

2016 started off with a rather lacklustre Strathpuffer Solo, basically I got fed up and went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 1am and went and did a lap at which point I went back to bed and woke up for 1 last lap in the morning.

I'd made a mistake while fitting a new chain and hadn't shortened it, this mean I had problems with skipping gears and was stuck in a small range that worked, added with a final descent in the trees that had the consistency of drying concrete it just wasn't working for me.

10 Under the Ben I did in a pair with Andy, injury and a string of colds had me off the pace, but it was enjoyable. This led to us doing Relentless in a pair, with me providing slow laps that allowed Andy to recover and he concistently pumped out sub 50 minute laps. The most memorable moment (other than when my F---ing Garmin died) was about 5am when I returned from a lap with a heavy mist coming in and simply said "It's f---ing dark out there" of course it was dark it's the middle of the night, in Autumn on the night the clocks went back, but I mean it was really dark, no moonlight, and vision limited by the mist. Fantastic.

Along with all this my Road riding had been increasing again, and I was ready to launch into a season based on road riding for 2017, and so the Fifeing Eejit disappeared from entry lists as Road Sportives are interested in Club names not silliness.